Hello readers and subscribers. The next issue is out now, and includes:
– An interview with geneticist and popular science book author Professor Steve Jones. We talk genes, epidemics and religion.
– Hedgehog aficianado Hugh Warwick discusses that unquantifiable – passion – in the context of science.
– Professor Jason Braithwaite and Hayley Dewe wield Occam’s chainsaw to demolish dualist interpretations of the near-death experience
– Ex-policeman Stevyn Colgan takes another angle on policing
– Compound Interest provides ‘The Rough Guide to Spotting Bad Science’
Plus all the usual columns, puzzles and features.